This training is a very full experience designed
to train instructors to teach infant touch and massage to
parents and caregivers. The methodology includes
lectures, audio-visual presentations, experiential
learning, observation of demonstration classes taught
by the trainer, and student practicum teaching of
parent-baby classes. A comprehensive instructor
manual is included with the course.
Participants in this course become Certified Infant
Touch and Massage Instructors through the International
Institute of Infant Massage by completing the certification
process, which includes participation in the four day
training and successful completion of a peer review take-home
exam, which includeds a practicum of teaching five families during
the following four month period.
Tuition is $650.00, which includes a $100
Participants in this course will learn
- Design infant massage instruction for a parent-baby
- Facilitate infant massage instruction for families.
- Comprehend the benefits of infant massage and
massage for the growing child.
- Demonstrate the infant massage stroke sequence
for the well baby.
- Identify infant cues and adapt basic strokes
- Demonstrate effective facilitator skills for
- Teach handling and massage techniques for babies
with gas and colic.
- Discriminate infant release crying and demonstrate
skills in providing family support during this
*Facilitating infant touch and massage in an inpatient hospital setting requires
training and education beyond the scope of this four day training.
Our instructors who teach infant touch and massage in a hospital setting generally are OTs, PTs, nurses, early interventionists, etc. and utilize these skills as tools in their work.